[R] 4D stacked column chart, Excel -> R

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:18:00 CET 2006

A stacked barchart is a bad idea.  A 3d barchart is a very bad idea.
A stacked 3d barchart is a very very bad idea.

Why?  Because it is very difficult to compare numbers.  In a stacked
bar chart you can only really compare the total, and the number in the
lowest bar.  In a 3d barchart you can only compare values in the same
row (distorting perspective + occlusion).

If you want to display you data in a interpretible way, I would
suggest a dotchart, carefully broken down to emphasise the comparisons
you want.

Hadley