[R] heckit with a probit

Robert Duval rduval at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 00:06:55 CET 2006

I don't know if I understand your problem very well but the first
reference that comes to mind is

James Heckman, "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation
System," Econometrica, (July 1978).

also you might find a good survey of the literature on

Francis Vella "Estimating models with sample selection bias: A
survey," Journal of Human Resources, 1998, Vol 33 pp 127-169.

I don't know how many of the methods here proposed are already
implemented in R, but in principle many of them are Likelihood models
that you could program.

best
robert