[R] LaTeX in R graph

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Tue Feb 28 10:50:43 CET 2006

Le 28.02.2006 10:27, depire at inrets.fr a écrit :
> Hello,
> I would like to know if it is possible to insert LaTeX typesetting in R output.
> I want to obtain a graph with LaTeX label in order to incorporate it as
> postscript or pdf,
>
> x<-seq(0,1,length=100)
> y<-x*x
> plot(x,y,xlab="$X$",ylab="$X^2$")

Bonjour Alexandre,

There is already a mechanism in R to insert mathematical annotations in
graphics, see
?plotmath

x<-seq(0,1,length=100)
y<-x*x
plot(x,y,xlab=expression(X),ylab=expression(X^2))

But this is not really LaTeX.

What about creating you graphic with no labels, and then use the LaTeX
package eso-pic to put your labels where you like with the command
\AddToShipoutPicture*
Maybe somebody has done something to wrap it all.

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
Discover the R Movies Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/movies