[R] [BioC] How to analysis Y98 chips using RankProd package?

fhong@salk.edu fhong at salk.edu
Mon Jan 16 23:29:37 CET 2006

> Dear R and Bioconductor Helpers,
>
> I am using a package called RankProd under Bioconductor to analysis my
> Y98 (yeast) microarray data. I had no problem following the example in
> the vignette but got stocked when I tried to analyze my own data.
>
> When I tried to run the following command,
>
> RP.out <- RP(rrf.sub, rrf.cl.sub, gene.names = y98.gnames, rand = 123)
>
> I got the following response:
>
> Rank Product analysis for two-class case
>
> Starting 100 permutations...
> Computing pfp ..
> Error in "row.names<-.data.frame"(`*tmp*`, value = c("logical(0)",
> "logical(0)",  :
>         duplicate 'row.names' are not allowed
I would guess that your gene name y98.gnames has duplicates, meaning one
gene name appears more than once.  This is normal since genes might be
spotted more than once on one chip, I think I would change my program to
accomodate this. But for now, it would be fine if you can change your gene
name to avoid duplicates. I will let you know when after I checked my
program.

Fangxin