[R] Installing a package yet it will not work.

Farrel Buchinsky fbuchins at wpahs.org
Tue Jan 17 02:23:47 CET 2006

I want R to read my Microsoft Access database or maybe even a Sybase
database. I installed RODBC or at least thought I did. Then I issued the
following command:

library(RODBC)

And got

Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
        ReadItem: unknown type 241
In addition: Warning message:
package 'RODBC' was built under R version 2.3.0
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RODBC'

I am running R2.2.1 on Windows XP. Where does one begin to troubleshoot
this.

Farrel Buchinsky, MD --- Mobile (412) 779-1073
Pediatric Otolaryngologist
Allegheny General Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA