[R] some EPS rotated in journal preview

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 14:45:26 CET 2006

The problem is a well-known one in viewers looking at whole pages,
especially PS -> PDF converters.  R figures are particularly vulnerable as
they have text running both horizontally and vertically (with normal
axes).

Please do follow exactly the advice on the postscript help page.

      The postscript produced for a single R plot is EPS (_Encapsulated
      PostScript_) compatible, and can be included into other documents,
      e.g., into LaTeX, using '\includegraphics{<filename>}'.  For use
      in this way you will probably want to set 'horizontal = FALSE,
      onefile = FALSE, paper = "special"'.

If you have done that, suggest to your publisher that they turn
autorotation off.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk