[R] Latest revision of lme4 requires 'Matrix' >= 0.995.2 but that version is not available on CRAN

Søren Højsgaard Soren.Hojsgaard at agrsci.dk
Mon Jan 23 00:57:17 CET 2006

I see that Matrix, lme4 and SASmixed in zip format have been 'rolled back' to the previous versions - which I have now installed. Running

library(SASmixed)
data(Demand)
example(Demand)

gives

Demand> fm1Demand <- lmer(log(d) ~ log(y) + log(rd) + log(rt) +
    log(rs) + (1 | State) + (1 | Year), Demand)
Error: object "d" not found
Error in log(d) : unable to find the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function 'log'

- so it is not a complete 'roll back' - unless I've misunderstood something? Help will be appreciated...

/ Søren

[...]

Yes, but implementing this would require an even higher computational
effort to build and check Windows binary packages.

Since it looks like the Matrix problems are persisting, I will play back
the "old" versions of both packages to CRAN shortly.

Uwe