[R] [R-pkgs] amap

Antoine Lucas antoinelucas at libertysurf.fr
Wed Jan 25 10:00:28 CET 2006

Dear R users,

Version 0.7-1 of the amap package has been uploaded to CRAN.

   Amap package includes standard hierarchical
   clustering and k-means. We optimize implementation
   (with a parallelized hierarchical clustering) and
   allow the possibility of using different distances like
   Eulidean or Spearman (rank-based metric).

   We implement a principal component analysis (with robusts methods).

News of version 0.7-1: a new method of clustering "optimal partiton"

A major advantage of the method is that the number K of classes
is computed from the data, and ONLY from the data.

--
Antoine Lucas
Centre de génétique Moléculaire, CNRS