[R] installation of R on Linux

Daniel Nordlund res90sx5 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 28 09:48:43 CET 2006

Prof. Ripley,

Thanks for the example and the pointers to various locations for documentation.  As a new user of Linux (with minimal experience in using Unix-like systems), I am somewhat uncomfortable putting programs just anywhere since there seem to be default locations for where many system programs reside.  Your concrete example is very helpful.

Thanks again,

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA  USA