[R] Creating 3D Gaussian Plot

Laura Quinn laura at env.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jan 28 15:27:41 CET 2006

My apologies.

With further apologies for the poor graphics, this link demonstrates the
sort of 3d mesh which I am hoping to replicate - I would like to be able
to replicate a number of these of varying intensity. Demonstrating
different levels of potential via the "steepness" of the slopes.

http://maxwell.ucdavis.edu/~electro/potential/images/steep.jpg

I then wish to pick a number of grid points at random from the output to
perform a further analysis upon.

I hope this makes things a little clearer!

Again, any help gratefully received, thank you.

Laura Quinn
Institute of Atmospheric Science
School of Earth and Environment
University of Leeds