[R] Start Model for POLYCLASS

Xiaogang Su xiaosu at mail.ucf.edu
Sat Jul 1 16:50:12 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I have a question on how to set up the starting model in POLYCLASS and
make sure the terms in the starting model retained in the final
POLYCLASS model.

In the function POLYMARS, this can be done using the STARTMODEL option.
See below for example, I started with model
y= b0 + b1*X1 + b2*X2 + b3*X4 + b4*X5 + b5*X2*X5 + e

> m00 <- matrix(c(
     1,  NA, 0, NA, 1,
     2,  NA, 0, NA, 1,
     4,  NA, 0, NA, 1,
     5,  NA, 0, NA, 1,
     2,  NA, 5, NA, 1),nrow = 5, ncol=5, byrow=TRUE);

> m2 <- polymars(response=PID2$y, predictors=PID2[,1:7],
startmodel=m00)
> summary(m2)

But I could not figure out how this works for POLYCLASS. There is an
option FIT in POLYCLASS, which needs to be a POLYCLASS object though.

Any suggestion or information is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Xiaogang Su

Xiaogang Su,  Assistant Professor
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
University of Central Florida
Orlando, FL 32816
(407) 823-2940 [O]
xiaosu at mail.ucf.edu