[R] Calculation of lags

Ronaldo Reis-Jr. chrysopa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 23:33:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

If I have the follow situation:

A dependent variable (i.e. number of insects) that is affected by an
independent variable (i.e. rain). The problem is that the measure of rain
affect the population in other moment. So there exit a lag between the rain
and the number of insects. Exist in R any tool to find what is this lag?

Explain better.

Suppose that I have a linear relationship between rain and insects. More rain
make more insects. If I try to model the rain and insects in the same moment
I cant see this relationship because the rain today affect the number of
insects in the future. Thus, I need to model the present rain with the number
of insect in the future. But when is this future? 1 day after, 2 days after,
etc.

How the best way to calculate this lag?

Thanks
Ronaldo
--
	Todos chegamos um dia como a agua e nos vamos como o vento
		-- Graham Greene