[R] legend with filled boxes AND lines

florian.koller at gfk.com florian.koller at gfk.com
Mon Jul 3 13:40:33 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Is there a straightforward way to create a legend box that has both filled
boxes and lines?
So far I have built around this problem by creating two legends (with bty =
"n") and manually drawing a box around both (but this is cumbersome,
because I have to check upon the y coordinates of the legends every time).

If I do something like > legend( ...,c("X1","X2", "mean"), fill = c("red",
"blue", 0), lty = (0,0,2)) < , I cannot get rid of the unfilled box or
change the color of the fill box border (from its default color "black"),
and I end up with two filled boxes and an empty, black-lined box plus the
line as a legend for the third argument "mean". This trick therefore only
works if I define "black" as the bg color for the complete legend box
(because it masks the empty  box from the fill argument). So, if there is a
command to modify the color of the fill box border line (not the legend box
border line), this would help me, too (still not ideal, though...).

Thanks,
Florian

______________________
Florian Koller
GfK Fernsehforschung GmbH
Research Consulting & Development
Nordwestring 101
D-90319 Nürnberg
Fon  +49 (0)911 395-3554
Fax  +49 (0)911 395-4130
www.gfk.de / www.gfk.com

_________________________

Diese E-Mail (ggf. nebst Anhang) enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich
geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, oder
diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die
unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail (and any attachment/s) contains confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this
e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.