[R] rownames, colnames, and date and time

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 13:44:12 CEST 2006

Note that if you are really trying to represent time series using
rownames as the time variable then you might consider using
the zoo or its packages (or ts class if they are regular) instead.

library(zoo)

mymat<-matrix(1:4,nrow=2,ncol=2)
mydates<-as.POSIXct(c("2001-1-24","2005-12-25"))
z <- zoo(mymat, mydates)