[R] analogue of group option of SAS MIXED/random in R

Bruno L. Giordano bruno.giordano at music.mcgill.ca
Tue Jul 4 07:30:03 CEST 2006

Well,
just in case somebody is interested, the following R code gives the same
estimates as the SAS code below:

######R code###########
G.Data<-groupedData(Response~1|Subject,data=In.Data)
G.Data$Condition<-as.ordered(G.Data$Condition)
G.Data$Const<-rep(1,length(Variable1))
tmp<-pdDiag(~Condition:Const+Condition:Variable1+Condition:Variable2-1)
Fit1<-lme(Response~1+Variable1+Variable2*Condition,
random=tmp,
method="REML",data=G.Data)

proc mixed data=InData;class Subject Condition;
model Response=Variable1 Variable2 Condition Variable2*Condition;
random int Variable1 Variable2/subject = Subject group=Condition type=vc;
run;

    Bruno