[R] using weights in lrm

Stephan Lindner lindners at umich.edu
Tue Jul 4 10:52:38 CEST 2006

Dear all,

just a quick question regarding weights in logistic regression. I do

results <- lrm(y.js ~
                h.hhsize
               + h.death1
               + h.ill1
               + h.ljob1
               + h.fin1
               + h.div1
               + h.fail1
               + h.sex
               + h.ch.1
               + h.ch.5
               + h.ch.12
               + h.ch.13
               + h.popgroup
               + y.school.now
               ,x=T,y=T, data=d.caps1y, weights=weightsd, normwt=TRUE
                )

The regression works (in the sense that the results are not way off
the one w/o wighting the sample), but I get the following warning messages:

Warning messages:
1: number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
2: currently weights are ignored in model validation and bootstrapping lrm fits in: lrm(y.js ~ h.hhsize + h.death1 + h.ill1 + h.ljob1 + h.fin1 +

Perhaps someone can help me clearifying the warning messages -- thanks
a lot in advance !

Cheers,

Stephan

--
Stephan Lindner, Dipl.Vw.
E-Mail: lindners at umich.edu

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-- Isaac Newton