[R] R 2.3.1 on OSX: scrolling command line

Max Reuter m.reuter at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 5 15:00:14 CEST 2006

>It isn't R!  This is a function of readline and the terminal, not of
>R which has not yet seen the line.
>
>What is likely is that your R install (how did you install it?) is
>built against a readline clone (I believe there is one from NetBSD?
>in MacOS 10.4) rather than GNU readline, and the fix is likely to be
>to install GNU readline and then rebuild R from the sources.

This is indeed the solution! Eeverything is back to normal now, after
I installed GNU readline (4.3) through fink and rebuilt R from source.

Many thanks!

Max Reuter

Departement of Biology
University College London
The Galton Laboratory
4 Stephenson Way
London NW1 2HE, UK

Phone: +44-20-76795095			 Fax: +44-20-76795052