[R] Editors which have strong/solid support for SWeave?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Wed Jul 5 15:55:02 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 10:14, A.J. Rossini wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have a few colleagues who like the idea of Sweave, but have failed
> to become enlightened monks of the One True Editor
> (http://www.dina.dk/~abraham/religion/)
>
> Are there any other Microsoft-centric editors or IDEs which have solid
> support for writing SWeave documents (dual R / LaTeX enhancements
> similar to ESS's support)?  Has anyone tried the folding editors which
> support Noweb?

Dear Tony,

I often use Leo (http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html) which is
like a literate editor on steroids (folding + outlining, noweb and cweb
support, and a _lot_ more), and I use it for all complex/long Rnw documents,
including interacting with R ...

...but I "cheat", because the editing itself (of the "nodes" or folds),
including submitting code to R from the R chunks, I do in emacs (with ESS).

Leo is available for Linux, Win, Mac and is written in Python.

R.

> (the alternative would be brainwashing, but that is generally frowned upon
> ;-).
>
> best,
> -tony
>
> blindglobe at gmail.com
> Muttenz, Switzerland.
> "Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can
> easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972
Phone: +-34-91-224-6900

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en s...{{dropped}}