[R] tcl/tk with R

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Jul 5 23:30:26 CEST 2006

"Charles Annis, P.E." <Charles.Annis at statisticalengineering.com> writes:

> Greetings:
>
> I would like to use tcl/tk with R, and have read "A Primer on the R-Tcl/Tk
> Package" by Peter Dalgaard in Rnews, Volume 1/3, September 2001.
>
> Are there more recent do-it-yourself instructions available?

There's a later Rnews update, but that too could do with a revision.

@Article{pd:tcltk-update,
  author =       {Peter Dalgaard},
  title =        {Changes to the {R-Tcl/Tk} package},
  journal =      {R News},
  year =         {2002},
  volume =       2,
  number =       3,
  pages =        {25-27}
}

At this point, I think that the best introductory document is the web
pages by James Wettenhalls web pages at

http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/~wettenhall/RTclTkExamples/