[R] RMySQL Suse 10.0 installing problems

H. Paul Benton hpbenton at scripps.edu
Thu Jul 6 20:47:36 CEST 2006

Thanks again everyone,
	I have a problem trying to install RMySQL on Suse 10.0. I have used
both the install.packages() and the 'R CMD INSTALL RMySQL..." neither
worked. I get the error message telling me that it cannot find mysql. So I
have set the flags using

export PKG_CPPFLAGS="-I</usr/bin/>"
export PKG_LIBS="-L</usr/lib/mysql>"

After that I run R CMD INSTALL RMySQL... it starts to check and it cannot
find mysql_init, mysql.h then it exits after gcc(ing) with an error code of
make:*** [RS-DBI.o] Error 1

I also tried the other way that the help suggested of putting the dir in the
R CMD INSTALL command but that didn't work either giving me the same help
menu.

I am on opensuse 10.0 x86, and yes I su(ed).

Cheers,

Research Technician
Mass Spectrometry
  o The