[R] dotplot (lattice) with panel.segments and groups

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:15:27 CEST 2006

It seems to work if you handle the col= argument explicitly.
Suggest you double check this since I have not carefully done so:

barley$yield2 <- with(barley, yield + 5)

dotplot(site ~ yield | variety, data=barley, groups=year,
       yield2=barley$yield2, col=c("gray", "black"),
       panel=function(x, y, subscripts, groups, yield2, col, ...) {
           panel.dotplot(x, y, ...)
           panel.segments(x, as.numeric(y),
              yield2[subscripts], as.numeric(y),
		col = col[groups[subscripts]], ...)