[R] Harmonic Regression in R

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Jul 8 02:10:35 CEST 2006

	  Since I haven't seen an answer to this, I'll offer a couple of
comments.  I don't recall having heard the term 'harmonic regression'
prior to seeing your email, but it sounded interesting, so I did some
searching.  First, RSiteSearch("harminic regression") produced 7 hits,
one of which discusses the 'cyclones' package, which may be what you want:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/cyclones/html/00Index.html

	  Second, for the benefit of folks like me who aren't sure of the
definition, it appears to be linear regression on sines and cosines of
something like 'time'.  The following link describes how to do this
using 'lm' in S-Plus or R:

http://www.math.jmu.edu/~tomitayx/math328/Ch6SlideD.pdf

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves