[R] about overdispersed poisson model

g0354502 g0354502 at nccu.edu.tw
Mon Jul 10 06:26:04 CEST 2006

Dear R users

  I have been looking for functions that can deal with overdispersed poisson
models. According to actuarial literature (England & Verall, Stochastic Claims
Reserving in General Insurance , Institute of Actiuaries 2002) this can be handled through the
use of quasi likelihoods instead of normal likelihoods. However, we see them frequently
in this type of data, and we would like to be able to fit the model anyway.
If it is possible, would you please show me how to find the corresponding package and utilize them?

Best Regards,

            Chi Kai