[R] about overdispersed poisson model

Gesmann, Markus Markus.Gesmann at lloyds.com
Mon Jul 10 10:14:14 CEST 2006

Dear Chi Kai,

Three years ago there was a similar thread.
At that time David Firth offered a solution for the quasipoission
problem with negative observations, see:
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/16143.html
I remember that his code gave you slightly different answers than the
example in England and Verrall's paper.

Kind Regards

Markus Gesmann
FPMA
Lloyd's Market Analysis
Lloyd's * One Lime Street * London * EC3M 7HA
Telephone +44 (0)20 7327 6472
Facsimile +44 (0)20 7327 5718
http://www.lloyds.com