[R] non positive-definite G matrix in mixed models: bootstrap?

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Tue Jul 11 16:23:46 CEST 2006

There is a paper by Rogosa and Saner which shows some equivalences in
what you are doing under certain conditions. They show similarities
between bootstrapping with linear models and how the estimates might be
similar to those obtained from a mixed model.

Rogosa, D. R., and Saner, H. M. (1995). Longitudinal data analysis
examples with random coefficient models.
Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 20, 149-170.

Harold