[R] storing the estimates from lmer

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 11 19:11:03 CEST 2006

On 7/11/06, Doran, Harold <HDoran at air.org> wrote:
> You need the VarCorr function. I think you mean that lmer is in the
> Matrix package.

Currently lmer is in the Matrix package.  The plan is to move it back
to the lme4 package when interpackage linking has been added to R -
perhaps as early as the release of R-2.4.0.  Because the lme4 package
automatically loads the Matrix package it is safest to act as if lmer
actually resided in the lme4 package and use

library(lme4)
fm1 <- lmer(...