[R] shapiro.test() output

Michael Grant mwgrant2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 01:51:21 CEST 2006

Matthew,

You may find the following documents useful if your venture into environmental
statistics is serious.

First, the 92 EPA Addendum on GW statistics--links at
http://www.epa.gov/correctiveaction/resource/guidance/sitechar/gwstats/gwstats.htm

The second is Helsel's book at the USGS

http://pubs.usgs.gov/twri/twri4a3/

Both documents have good discussions on normality tests for GW data including
probability plot correlation coefficients and variations in the (x) plotting
position--Blom, Cunane, etc.

Helsel is a good read 1.) his writing is so clear in his writing, 2.) he gets
into nonparametric approaches in so many areas of GW stats, and 3.) the
typography is nice--the book just a pleasant experience all around. Just be
advised this is only the beginning...

Oh, yes. It ain't safe to just dabble with environmental (contaminant)data--it
is too messy. Go whole hog or pass it up.

Best regards,
Michael Grant (works for the competition :O))