[R] Problem installing ROracle

roderick.castillo at metanomics.de roderick.castillo at metanomics.de
Thu Jul 13 15:21:24 CEST 2006

Hello
I have tried to install ROracle (V. 0.5-7 and 0.5-5) the usual way
1 - set/export variables of Oracle environment (ORACLE_HOME,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH)
2 - R CMD INSTALL ROracle_0.5-7.tar.gz (R Version 2.3.1, patched per 11.
July, and other versions)

but I get following error:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makevars
sed: file ./confstat6HLjQx/subs-1.sed line 43: Unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating src/Makefile
sed: file ./confstat6HLjQx/subs-1.sed line 43: Unterminated `s' command
** libs
** arch -
make: *** Keine Targets..  Schluss.
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'ROracle'
** Removing '/localhome/tuner/R-patched/library/ROracle'

>From German:
      "Keine Targets"= no targets
      "Schluss"= finished

It seems to be some trivial sed error, but I can't figure out which file to
edit in order
to correct it. This is using Linux RHAS 2.1 with gcc V. 2.96 and V. 3.4.4,
and
sed (GNU) Version 3.02

Thanks a lot

Rick