[R] Large datasets in R

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 21:10:07 CEST 2006

You may or may not have problems.  R keeps its data in memory so
you will have to have sufficient memory to hold the data plus all
derived data and code.   Since R is free you can try it out.  If your
problems are
too large you can always get more memory or use S-Plus which can
handle larger datasets and the code is similar to R so you can largely
reuse your code.