[R] How can I extract information from list which class is nls

Xavier Barron xbarron at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 18:06:00 CEST 2006

Hello!

I work with :
R : Copyright 2006, The R Foundation for
Statistical Computing
Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
On Windows XP Professional (Version 2002) SP2.

At this moment I use the function "nls" combined
with a selfStar model (SSmicmen, related to
Michaelis-Menten equation, and provided by the
"stats" package).

When I realise the following operation (cf. p 59
of the "An Introduction to R" manual,
http://www.r-project.org/, for more details):

> fit<-nls(y~SSmicmen(x, Vm, K), df)
> summary(fit)

I obtain the values of Vm and K. The object "fit"
is a list of the class "nls". However I cannot
identify the objects which are inside of "fit"
and  which contain the values of Vm and K.

Actually, I would like to extract these values to
introduce them into new objects but I don't know
how?!

Maybe, somebody could help me to solve this
problem. It would be very helpful for me.

Best regards,

Xavier