[R] : Arial font for text in lattice plots under Linux

Peter Ho peter at estg.ipvc.pt
Fri Jul 21 17:04:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have been asked by a publisher to change the font style of a lattice
plot in my manuscript. I have consulted documentation on trellis
graphics and the excellent book "R graphics", but am still not sure how
I could create plots with Arial as the font style for text in the plot.
I am running R (Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)) under debian Linux. I have
msttcorefonts installed.

Will it be possible to do this with jpeg() as a device? Or with
postscript()?

Peter