[R] How to pass eval.max from lme() to nlminb?

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Jul 23 09:27:00 CEST 2006

Dear R community,

I'm fitting a complex mixed-effects model that requires numerous
iterations and function evaluations.  I note that nlminb accepts a
list of control parameters, including eval.max.  Is there a way to
change the default eval.max value for nlminb when it is being called
from lme?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Andrew
--
Andrew Robinson
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-9763