[R] Sweave and tth

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jul 25 16:41:53 CEST 2006

I tried odfWeave to create an OpenOffice file and found that it
exhausted the memory of my large linux machine and took a long time to
run.  LaTeX with Sweave is blazing fast and extremely flexible.  Most of
the time I can give clients a pdf file.  Sometimes I'd like to make
Sweave LaTeX files more accessible (and editable) to (gulp) Word users,
mainly so they can extract tables and other pieces of the output.  I
tried latex2rtf, HeVeA,  and latex2html without much luck.  Has anyone
been able to get tth to work with Sweave, defining Sweave.sty and other
needed .sty files to be accepted by tth?

I really appreciate Max Kuhn's efforts with odfWeave and hope to keep up
with its development.

Thanks.