[R] Main title of plot

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Wed Jul 26 14:09:53 CEST 2006

Gabor,

I think that this is actually different, since it does not involve
plotmath.

The issue here is the use of c() in:

  main=c("maximum gain=",p)

rather than:

  main = paste("maximum gain =", p)

Marco, try this:

plot(a, b, type="l", ylim=c(0, 1), xlab = "freq", ylab = "power",
     main = paste("maximum gain =",p))

See ?paste for concatenating multiple vectors into a single character
vector (string).

HTH,

Marc Schwartz