[R] R vs. Stata

Hamilton, Cody CodyH at BaylorHealth.edu
Thu Jul 27 02:02:36 CEST 2006

Thanks Patrick!
-Cody

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Burns [mailto:pburns at pburns.seanet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 13:35 PM
To: Hamilton, Cody
Cc: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [R] R vs. Stata

There is some discussion in:

http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/R_relative_statpack.pdf

which can also be found at the UCLA website.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com

Hamilton, Cody wrote:

>I have read some very good reviews comparing R (or Splus) to SAS.  Does
>anyone know if there are any reviews comparing R (or Splus) to Stata?
>am trying to get others to try R in my department, and I have never
used
>Stata.
>

>Regards, -Cody
>

>Cody Hamilton, Ph.D
>
>Institute for Health Care Research and Improvement
>
>Baylor Health Care System
>
>(214) 265-3618
>

>This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments
transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and
privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the
intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper
authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and
possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you
have received this information in error, please notify Baylor Health
Care System immediately at 1-866-402-1661 or via e-mail at
privacy at baylorhealth.edu. Baylor Health Care System, its subsidiaries,
and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this
information.