[R] Problems with RODBC

Tomasz Puzyn puzi at pcb.chem.univ.gda.pl
Thu Jul 27 11:16:45 CEST 2006

Dear Michael,
I have a problem with RODBC installation. When I try to install it, I
get the output following output. Give me some ideas, why I can not to do
it properly?
Regards,
Tomasz

****************************
* Installing *source* package 'RODBC' ...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking sql.h usability... no
checking sql.h presence... no
checking for sql.h... no
checking sqlext.h usability... no
checking sqlext.h presence... no
checking for sqlext.h... no
configure: error: "ODBC headers sql.h and sqlext.h not found"
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'RODBC'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib64/R/library/RODBC'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmphYJYHP/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
installation of package 'RODBC' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages(c("RODBC"))

TOMASZ PUZYN, Ph.D.
puzi at pcb.chem.univ.gda.pl

Department of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology
University of Gdansk, Faculty of Chemistry
ul. Sobieskiego 18 80-952 Gdansk, Poland
tel. +48 (58) 345 04 45
fax. +48 (58) 345 04 72
http://www.chem.univ.gda.pl/~zchsie