[R] Moving from Splus to R - advice/opinions request from a management perspective

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 19:07:20 CEST 2006

How large is your data?

If its large you may or may not have problems.  If its small you  probably
won't.  Try prototyping the most data intensive portion in R before you
commit significant resources.

S Plus can time stamp objects and R cannot although you could come
up with some workarounds for specific objects if your app uses this.

If your app naturally divides into independent sections you could consider
an incremental approach converting one section over at a time.