[R] FW: RODBC on linux

Armstrong, Whit whit.armstrong at hcmny.com
Thu Jul 27 21:27:01 CEST 2006

Thanks again for everyone's help.  I have a successful configuration.

I used the "ODBC-combined" configuration which is documented here:
http://freetds.org/userguide/odbcombo.htm

here are the config files residing in my home dir:

-bash-2.05b$ cat .freetds.conf
[global]
        tds version = 7.0

[QAI]
        host = Mqa3.xxx.yyy.com
        port = 1433
-bash-2.05b$

-bash-2.05b$ cat .odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]
 QAIdsn = QAI database

[QAIdsn]
Driver  = /usr/local/freetds-0.64/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description     = QAI database
Trace           = No
Servername      = QAI
Database        = qai

[Default]
Driver  = /usr/local/freetds-0.64/lib/libtdsodbc.so

-bash-2.05b$

Cheers,
Whit

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.