[R] arules package: using image() deliveres unexpected results

Markus Preisetanz Markus.Preisetanz at clientvela.com
Fri Jul 28 17:40:03 CEST 2006

Dear Collegues,

it seems like there is a problem with the image()-method in the package arules.

Using an ordninary matrix works fine:
image(matrix(rnorm(200), 10, 20), axes = FALSE, col=brewer.pal(9, "Blues") )
delivers an image with blue colors and no axes.

Using an object of the class "associations" (arules package) does not work:

image(items(ta.eclat), axes = FALSE, col=brewer.pal(9, "Blues") )
delivers an error message telling that the argument "col" matches to several formal arguments.

image(items(ta.eclat), axes = FALSE)
delivers no error message but draws axes, which clearly should not be the case

In the source code of arules I couldn't find any definition of the image-function (especially no image.R-file.)

What I want to do is drawing an image of itemsets as produced by eclat, with blue colors and the item labels at the x-axe.

Does anybody know help?

Thank You, Markus

____________________________
Markus Preisetanz
Consultant

Client Vela GmbH
Albert-Roßhaupter-Str. 32
81369 München
fon: +49 (89) 74217-113
main: +49 (89) 74217-150
fax: +49 (89) 74217-250
markus.preisetanz at clientvela.com <mailto:markus.preisetanz at clientvela.com>
http://www.clientvela.com <http://www.clientvela.com/>

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschüt...{{dropped}}