[R] Help on glmmPQL

Lorenz.Gygax at fat.admin.ch Lorenz.Gygax at fat.admin.ch
Thu Jun 1 07:50:26 CEST 2006

See help file of glmmPQL (the first thing you should be doing):

glmmPQL(fixed, random, family, data, correlation, weights,
        control, niter = 10, verbose = TRUE, ...)
Arguments
niter maximum number of iterations.

Thus, you can increase the value of niter to say 25. In my experience it is likely that the model fit is problematic if 10 iterations are not enough. Perhaps if you are lucky you were close and only some few more iterations are needed. If that is not the case, you may have too few occurrences of your response or too many explanatory variables.

Regards, Lorenz