[R] evir: generalized pareto dist

Werner Tell wtell67 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 13:56:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm fitting a generalized Pareto distribution to POT exceedances of a data
set. The practical stuff works ok, but I have a question regarding theory.
Is there an equation relating parameters of a gpd tail to its (first)
moments? According to theory for certain parameters either the first moment
does not exist or the distribution has an upper bound, but I haven't found
the mentioned relation about moments in the literatur.

Thanks a lot.
wt