[R] How to create list of objects?

Rainer M Krug rkrug at sun.ac.za
Tue Jun 6 16:38:33 CEST 2006

Hi

I am doing several mle and want to store them in a list (or whatever is
the right construct) to be able to analyse them later.

at the moment I am doing:

f <- list()
f$IP <- mle(...)
f$NE <- mle(...)

but when I say:
> summary(f)
I get:

     Length Class Mode
IP   0      mle   list
NE   0      mle   list

I don't get the output I would have, i.e. the one from
> summary(f$IP)
summary(f$IP)
Maximum likelihood estimation

Call:
mle(minuslogl = IPNeglogPoisL, method = "L-BFGS-B", fixed = list(),
    control = list(maxit = 1e+08, factr = 1e-20))

Coefficients:
      Estimate  Std. Error
a 1242.0185506 44.92341097
b    0.8802538  0.01685811

-2 log L: 145.3509

What I want to do is something like:

AICs <- AIC(logLik(f))

and then have all the AICs in the vector AICs.

It must be possible or is this again a namespace issue?

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa