[R] making matrix monotonous

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jun 7 05:52:47 CEST 2006

	  I agree it would be great to sort the variables in a correlation
matrix to make it easier to read and see patterns.  I don't know any
functions for doing that.  If it were my problem, I might "order" the
variables by their first principal component.  There may also be some
cluster analysis way to do that, but I don't know it well enough to say.

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves