[R] [Fwd: R 2.20 Windows XP anaolgue of Splus unix() command ?]

ronggui ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:58:15 CEST 2006

In my windows XP there is no "read" command as well,so the _
unix("read stuff")_  will not wor as what _system_ function does is to
pass the 'read stuff' command argument to the system command.

I guess the "read" command to specific to some Unix OS.

Hope this helps.

2006/6/9, markleeds at verizon.net <markleeds at verizon.net>:
> >Hi Everyone : As I mentioned earlier, I am taking a lot
> >of Splus code and turning into R and I've run into
> >another stumbling block that I have not been
> >able to figure out.
> >
> >I did plotting in a loop when I was using Splus on unix
> >and the way I made the plots stop so I could
> >lookat them as they got plotted ( there are hundreds
> >if not thousands getting plotted sequentially )
> >on the screen was by using the unix() command.
> >
> >Basically, I wrote a function called wait()
> >

> >wait<-function()
> >{
> >cat("press return to continue")
> >unix("read stuff")
> >}
> >
> >and this worked nicely because I then
> >did source("program name") at the Splus prompt and
> >a plot was created on the screen  and then
> >the wait() function was right under the plotting code
> >in the program so that you had to hit the return key to go to the next plot.
> >
> >I am trying to do the equivalent on R 2.20/windows XP
> >I did a ?unix in R and it came back with system() and
> >said unix was deprecated so I replaced unix("read stuff") with system("read stuff") but all i get is a warning "read not found" and
> >it flies through the successive plots and i can't see them.
> >
> >Thanks for any help on this. It's much appreciated.
> >
> >                                        Mark

»ÆÈÙ¹ó
Deparment of Sociology
Fudan University