[R] lowesp program in simpleLoess

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 12 08:12:38 CEST 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Erin Hodgess wrote:

> Dear R People:
>
> I use the binary version of R for Windows.
>
> However, I would like to look at the Fortran code
> for the simpleLoess function, please.
>
> How could I see the underlying Fortran code, please?

In the R sources, so download the R source tarball, e.g.
http://cran.r-project.org/src/base/R-2/R-2.3.1.tar.gz

On Windows you will probably need the source package tools in
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/tools.zip
to unpack it (it contains symbolic links so other tools fail).

BTW, it is both C and Fortran: stats:::simpleLoess has both .C and
.Fortran calls.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk