[R] R usage for log analysis

Gabriel Diaz gabidiaz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:52:28 CEST 2006

Hello

Thanks all for the answers.

I'm taking an overview to the project documentation, and seems the
database is the way to go to handle log files of GB order (normally
between 2 and 4 GB each 15 day dump).

In this document http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-data.html,
says R will load all data into memory to process it when using
read.table and such. Using a database will do the same? Well,
currently i have no machine with > 2 GB of memory.

The moodss thing looks nice, thanks for the link. But what i have to
do now is an offline analysis of big log files :-). I will try to go
with the mysql -> R way.

gabi