[R] Garch Warning

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Jun 15 18:13:02 CEST 2006

<see inline>

Arun Kumar Saha wrote:
> Dear Spencer,
>
> Can you be more clear on your suggestion?
>

> On 6/15/06, *Spencer Graves* <spencer.graves at pdf.com
> <mailto:spencer.graves at pdf.com>> wrote:
>
>              Your example is not reproducible.

	  Can you find a simple example, preferably obtained either from a
simple simulation or from a minor modification of an example included in
some of the standard documentation.  This listserve sometimes refuses to
accept attachments, so I would not suggest you attach a data set unless
it was quite small.  You could, for example, try reducing the size of
your data set, e.g., using a binary search to find the smallest number
of observations that would still generate the same error message.

	  Alternatively, the posting guide
(www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html) includes the following:

'When providing examples, it is best to give an R command that
constructs the data, as in the matrix() expression above. For more
complicated data structures, dump("x", file=stdout()) will print an
expression that will recreate the object x.'

Have you tried walking
>     through the code line by line after "debug(garch)"?

	  I know I've discussed this issue on this listserve before.
Therefore, I tried RSiteSearch("graves debug").  This produced 77 hits,
many of which were not relevant.  The following seemed to be:
"http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/68215.html".

After you've tried