[R] flipping a plot vertically?

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jun 15 20:35:00 CEST 2006

> Any idea how to get the x axis numbers to go
> along the top instead of the bottom?

Use xaxt = 'n' in your plot call (?par for details) to suppress plotting of
the axis and then add the axis via a call to axis().

If you do a lot of plotting, you may wish to purchase a copy of Murrell's R
GRAPHICS or V&R's MASS. At the very least, do read the relevant sections of
an Introduction to R and the Reference Manual, as I believe this sort of
thing is covered there.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box