[R] modeling logit(y/n) using lrm

bogdan romocea br44114 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 20:39:00 CEST 2006

Not sure about your data set, but if you have some kind of
(weighted/stratified) sample of hospitals you need to pay special
attention. Survey data violates the assumptions of the classical
linear models (infinite population, identically distributed errors
etc) and needs to be analyzed differently. In SAS, it's wrong to throw
such data into a PROC LOGISTIC / REG; PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC / SURVEYREG
should be used instead. In R, take a look at the survey package. For
details check
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/193-31.pdf