[R] more of a statistics/display question

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Mon Jun 19 00:47:39 CEST 2006

this is not really an R question but I imagine I would
use R to do it.

I have a loop that has thousands of iterations and
after each iteration the results are a

box leung pvalue
a regression t-stat
and a profit number

so, i have 1000's  of these sets of the 3 numbers above.
obviously, the p-value varies from zero to 1.
the t-statistic goes from about -3  to 3
and the profit numbers goes from around -30 to +30.

i would like to see how the profit number varies with
the box-leung palue and the regression t-stat but
as a combination rather than separately because
a high t-stat isn't necessarily good if i have
a low box leung p-value or vice versa.

does any know of a good way to visualize this and
an R-tool that would help me. Definitely, if someone
tells me the tool, I would read about but this
sounds like I need a 2 dimensional histogram sort of ?

it's not a problem for me to save these numbers in a
matrix or asci file or whatever but any idea or tools or book
on how to group them into different groupings would be helpful. thanks

                                     mark